Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why Sylvia Browne Sucks





As I'm sure most people who will be reading this already know,Sylvia Browne sucks.I'm sure most people have seen the video's of Sylvia's most horrific failures from the Montel show,which have exposed the fact that she just makes stuff up and jumps the gun with her cold reading technique(great book on cold reading here).If you are unaware of such things a great place to see a collection of Sylvia's failures is Robert Lancaster's website, Stop Sylvia Browne.

Recently I gave my boss the date's I expect to miss for work so I can attend The Amazing Meeting in January,and when I mentioned the Stop Sylvia Browne website she told me that she had a personal anecdote about her neighbor and Sylvia Browne.My boss told me that some years ago her neighbor paid to have Sylvia do a written reading on her,in which Sylvia told her that she would die at the age of 58.Guess how old her neighbor is right now?Yep,58,and her 59th birthday is the end of January.My reaction to this was "Oh nooooooo,I hope she's not selling all her stuff or something like that!",to which my boss told me that she was not doing that,but she was indeed making sure all her final arrangements are set to go when she dies soon,which this woman is convinced WILL happen.The other part of the story is that this woman was a recovered alcoholic,but since she's gonna die soon she has taken up the position "why not drink,I'll be dead soon anyways!",and has returned to the bottle. It seems that even though Sylvia is full of B.S,that this womans belief that Sylvia is real,could result,sadly,in a self fulfilling prophecy.

Sylvia Browne is a wretched old hag and a fraud who needs to grow a conscious and a sense of morality. The other person who needs to take that same advise is,of course,Montel,for having such a fraud on his show weekly while at the same time talking about how he's "making a difference". Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how any of this is making a positive difference,can someone explain that to me?

1 comment:

David Garrett said...

Yeah, man. Sylvia is a wretched woman. There is definitely a fine line here. It's almost like how the Insane Clown Posse told those kids to go get in trouble and do drugs before they're old enough to really get into legal trouble for it. And they call what they are saying "entertainment."

Either she needs to stop this nonsense altogether, or she needs to have some type of disclaimer, like on tobacco products, saying that what she is saying is intended for entertainment value only. None of it is real.

I suppose this is one problem with free speech. You're free to lie and deceive.